28 maart 2017
With us it's personal. In the context of our "It's the people who make Rompa" web section, we would like to introduce another colleague to you: Leon Brands.
Project Manager - Rompa Holding Netherlands
1. Who is Leon Brands in a nutshell and what is your position at the Rompa Group?
“I am an experienced technician with his roots in tool making who will do everything in his power to deliver what was agreed. At Rompa I’m a Project Manager,
a sort of ‘spider in the web’”.
2. How long have you been working for the Rompa Group and is your current position your first position at this company?
“This is my first position within the Rompa team. I joined Rompa end of March 2013 as a Project Manager and still I see a lot of challenges in this position.”
3. Tell me how a typical day at the office looks like. What do you do and who do you speak?
“As a Project Manager I like to keep track of my running projects. So, when I’m not travelling I will answer a lot of e-mails, mostly from customers, and ask a lot of questions of the team members inside a project. So, I talk to customers, suppliers and colleagues during an office day.”
4. When and where exactly do you come along in the process of making a new product? And how do you start?
“It depends on the customer. Sometimes it already is an existing part and there is no space for adjustments by my part. Sometimes I’m involved in the pre-engineering stage. In that case I have a bigger input.”
5. What makes Rompa…. Rompa. In other words, what makes Rompa unique in the plastics industry?
“It’s the western (Dutch/Belgian) approach like “come here, we will do it”, combined with Czech and Chinese production plants and facilities.”
6. What do you contribute to the company?
“My experience as a toolmaker and technician and my skills to invent ‘bright or smart’ solutions in order to stay ahead of our competition.”
7. How do you stay ahead in your line of work and how do you stay inspired?
“Stay focused, follow the mail, keep track and react fast, so everyone can move on. The inspiration comes from our wonderful customers.”
8. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
“This is what I often ask myself… With Rompa’s current growth it is very hard to predict what the future will hold, so I really don’t have an idea…”
9. Who is your example, your role model?
“No one special. I try to learn a lot from the people around me. Some have excellent skills in technics, others are very good people managers, some are focused on new chances and challenges. I want to combine these skills as much as possible.”
10. What is your motto?
“Act normal please!”